Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Master of Engineering (Engineering Management)
Study Lean Six Sigma at an advanced level
Master your understanding of key subject areas such as quality management, project planning and control, engineering economic analysis, resource planning and Lean Six Sigma. Become a future industry leader in an expanding global industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Graduates of this program will:
- possess the knowledge, skills and understanding of the principles, current practice and technologies within relevant engineering management disciplines;
- aquire a combination of technical knowledge within a specialist area covering operations management, total quality management, enterprise resource planning, energy management and supply chain;
- understand that learning is an on-going process in an environment where technology and theories are constantly being updated;
- develop intellectual and professional independence through information literacy and research skills in doing project work;
- develop their knowledge and skills of problem solving skills and methodology through various aspects of engineering management area covered by the program;
- enhance their ability to integrate and apply the developed knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, justify and solve engineering problem;
- develop the ability to work independently and in teams through individual and teamwork assignments and project work;
- use appropriate communication, teamwork, and leadership skills;
- demonstrate an understanding of areas of engineering management with specific understanding of relevant cultural, social and ethical issues;
- a variety of communication skill practices throughout the program including group and individual assignments, projects, case studies and presentations; and
- have an understanding of engineering in an international global environment with specific understanding of cultural, social and ethical issues.
Graduates of this program will be able to take advantage of career opportunities in the increasingly demanding engineering management sector and secure roles as factory operation managers, engineering department managers, energy managers, project managers and engineering
business development managers.
Bachelor Degree with Honours, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate in engineering from a recognised University;
Bachelor Degree in engineering from a recognised University and at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
Required IELTS Score of 6.5 (with IELTS Reading and Writing each with a minimum score 6).
Credits will be administered as per University of South Australia's policy. A maximum of one third of the degree can be credited based on previous external studies. Students wishing to claim credits should apply prior to enrolling. Please contact the University of South Australia for further information on applying for RPL.
This degree teaches engineering management to the future leaders of the industrial engineering sectors, equipping them with the skills they need to compete in the fierce global market. It provides graduates with essential principles and advanced practical skills in the areas of engineering management covering operations management, supply chain management, enterprise resource planning, and energy management. In addition, it provides students with opportunities to develop and apply those skills whilst integrating knowledge to complete a practical industry project in their own area of interest.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are advised to complete the subjects in the order shown. It is recommended that the double unit Minor Thesis 1 be completed toward the end of the degree.
The degree consists of six subjects (0.125 EFTSL each) and a thesis subject (0.25 EFTSL). All subjects are taught by the School of Engineering at UniSA. Students must complete all subjects listed to obtain the Master of Engineering (Engineering Management).
Once you have enrolled:
Once your enrolment has been confirmed, your details will be sent through to the University of South Australia (UniSA). Your details will then be used to send out your UniSA log in details. If you enrolled two weeks before (or earlier) to the start of the study period your log in details for the UniSA student portal will be sent out two weeks prior to the start of the study period. If you enrol during the last two weeks before the start of the study period the email will be sent the following Monday after you enrol.
If you have not received your log in details by the start of the study period date please contact UniSA directly on 1300 361 450.
We make it easy to apply online through Open Universities Australia.
Choose subjects to begin.
Fill out your details and choose a payment option. You can apply for government funding or pay up-front – all in one place.