Master of Education
Deepen your professional knowledge of education.
Build on your education expertise. Add a specialisation—you can choose from leadership, Steiner education, research or advanced education studies. Study part time and balance your life and career. Focus on researching education under expert guidance.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
University of the Sunshine Coast's teaching has been awarded 5 stars for the past 16 years. They're young, fresh and doing big things with far-reaching impacts, like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, and producing award-winning alumni. Innovative thinking that moves everyone forward is their philosophy. Together with their people, community and partners, they're building a supported environment of learning, networking and opportunities.
Learn more about UniSC.
- Work under USC’s highly trained staff to translate your ideas into a research project
- Specialise in Steiner Education, Educational Leadership, Education Research or Advanced Education Studies
- Have the flexibility to study online or on campus, with online learning materials designed to integrate into your busy lifestyle
- Education advisor
- Head of Department
- School or program leader
Candidates for the award of Master of Education are normally required to hold:
- a 4-year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7 or equivalent) qualification from a recognised tertiary institution or equivalent in the education discipline, or
- Graduate Certificate in Education (AQF Level 8 or equivalent), or similar qualification
Students that have a 3-year bachelor degree in the education discipline or a bachelor degree qualification in a discipline other than education, entry to the Master of Education can be through the completion of the Graduate Certificate in Education, or similar qualification.
Students admitted to the program on the basis of completion of the Graduate Certificate in Education will not be eligible for credit.
Please refer to Application dates for the closing dates to submit an applications to study at UniSC.
A master’s degree designed to extend your knowledge of educational issues, deepen your professional expertise, providing skills needed to create a research-informed future for the education sector.
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered part-time only.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
REQUIRED COURSES (2) 48 UNITS
EDN701 Researching Education (24 units)
EDN704 Communicating Education Research Outcomes (24 units)
REQUIRED RESEARCH COURSES (2) 48 UNITS
PLUS SELECT 1 SPECIALISATION (48 UNITS) FROM:
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 144 units.
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Master of Education,
- Students are required to successfully complete 144 units in the Master of Education program structure
Please note this program is designed to be studied part-time.
Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education
Graduate Certificate in Education Research