Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Synthesise and apply advanced theoretical and technical knowledge to contemporary and emerging educational issues, ideas, policies and debates with regard to professional practice.
- Analyse and evaluate complex educational contexts to critically reflect on cultural norms and practices in educational settings nationally and globally.
- Communicate effectively in academic, professional and community contexts through multiple modes.
- Communicate ways of working respectfully and collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, and culturally and linguistically diverse peoples and communities.
- Develop creative and effective ways to implement contextually relevant educational innovation.
- Design and conduct ethical research responsive to educational theories, practices and contexts.
Career opportunities exist in an array of work environments from schools, TAFEs and universities to government agencies and industry. Roles can include guidance officer, guidance counsellor or school counsellor.
Professional recognitionThe Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling) is an appropriate qualification for entry-level membership of the Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association (QGCA).
Completed Bachelor of Education program or equivalent + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
UniSQ's Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling) is ideal for teachers wishing to extend their career as a guidance officer, guidance counsellor or school counsellor. You will have the opportunity to study in the areas of advanced counselling in educational contexts, emotional and behavioural problems of children and young people, child wellbeing and protection, and assessment and testing. Expand your understanding of the transformative role of education in society, and develop the skills to work through the contemporary challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, diverse communities.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.