Master of Business Administration
An MBA to fit your goals and interests
Build the expertise needed to navigate today’s global market. Become confident in behind-the-scenes business strategy so you can lead cross-functional teams with innovative approaches. Make this MBA your own with your choice of specialisation.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Southern Cross University believes in the power of change. Their graduates stride the global stage at the frontline of healthcare, transforming education in the classroom, and tackling the world’s wicked problems with scientific and engineering solutions. Students enjoy award winning support, teaching quality, and online delivery. Ranked among the best for many years, they will help you make the change you seek to transform your tomorrow.
Learn more about SCU.
Explore SCU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Diversify your skillset
Gain a cross-functional, versatile business skillset. Maximise the positive impacts you have within an organisation.
Develop a managerial perspective
Develop an ethical and sustainable managerial perspective, knowing what to look for, questions to ask, and how to manage successful cross-functional teams.
Learn to lead
Develop strategic leadership skills with exposure to leadership models, communication styles and reflection-based coursework.
As an MBA graduate, your new leadership and management skills will equip you for a broad range of executive roles across industries like business, finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resources, tourism and corporate sustainability.
MBAs are also highly sought after in government, and in the not-for-profit sector. For entrepreneurs or small business owners, an MBA boosts and balances business skills, builds networks and shows you exactly how technology and innovative practices can help you succeed.
To gain entry into the Master of Business Administration, you need:
- A three-year bachelor degree from any Australian university, OR
- Professional experience regarded by SCU as equivalent to a degree, AND
- Students will need to be proficient in English.
Work and Life
No Bachelor's degree? You could still be eligible for entry into the MBA through your relevant work experience. Contact us today to find out more.
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- The Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required, depending on the degree studied.
We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you're eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree.
Depending on advanced standing awarded, you could complete your MBA online in as little as 16 months, part-time.
It can be hard to take the first step towards achieving your goals and aspirations and making them a priority. But with SCU Online, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is closer than you think and more achievable than ever before. We've removed traditional barriers to an MBA, closing the gap between you and your ambitions with flexible, accessible online learning, passionate academics and excellent student support.
With our online MBA program, you will learn in-depth knowledge to enhance your business management expertise in today's competitive global market. Our graduates have expertise across the entire business landscape, making an impact in business management from day one.
Recommended Study Pattern
- Management Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Analytics
- Accounting for Managers
- Digital Marketing
- Finance for Managers
- Corporate Governance for Managers
- The Positive Leader
- Project Management Principles
- Global Business
- Strategy and Case Analysis
- Managing Information Systems
- Industry Research Project (double weighted)
To be awarded the MBA, students must complete 16 subjects (192 credit points) comprising:
- 12 core subjects; and
- 1 specialisation or
- 2 elective subjects and Industry Research Project: Part A and Industry Research Project: Part B
Students can choose to exit with the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration if the following 4 subjects have been completed.
- Accounting for Managers;
- Management Communication;
- Organisational Behaviour;
- Business Analytics
To graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, you will need to complete eight subjects of study, including the four subjects listed above, along with the following four subjects:
- Global Business;
- Project Management Principles;
- The Positive Leader;
- Digital Marketing.
Choose your subjects
You have the choice to specialise your MBA in the below four areas:
- Health Services Management
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Managing and Leading People
If not taking a specialisation, select two of the following subjects:
- Business Accounting for Managers
- Business and Corporation Law for Managers
- Building a Professional Portfolio
- Leading Change in Healthcare
- Governance and Accountability in Healthcare
- Strategic Planning and Management in Healthcare
- Managing Digital Enterprise
- Data Management
- Organisational Change and Development
- Human Resource Management