Master of Business Administration
An MBA to fit your goals and interests
Build the expertise needed to navigate today’s global market. Become confident in behind-the-scenes business strategy so you can lead cross-functional teams with innovative approaches. Make this MBA your own with your choice of specialisation.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Master of Business Administration Online can:
- Apply specialist knowledge to management roles.
- Navigate the business landscape with confidence.
- Be prepared for management roles and responsibilities across the entire business spectrum.
- Drive positive impact through a critical understanding of complex business environments.
- Evaluate management choices, making evidence-based, ethical, sustainable decisions.
- Develop innovative business solutions.
- Apply specialist leadership knowledge to management roles.
- Effectively communicate and facilitate collaboration, and manage cross-functional teams.
As an MBA graduate, your new leadership and management skills will equip you for a broad range of executive roles across industries like business, finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resources, tourism and corporate sustainability.
MBAs are also highly sought after in government, and in the not-for-profit sector. For entrepreneurs or small business owners, an MBA boosts and balances business skills, builds networks and shows you exactly how technology and innovative practices can help you succeed.
Minimum entry requirements for the online Master of Business Administration include:
- A Bachelor degree from any Australian university, or equivalent
- Have work experience regarded as equivalent to an eligible degree
- Be proficient in English
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
- The Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required, depending on the degree studied.
Advanced standing is a process of determining if credit can be awarded for any previous study and/or work experience. For eligible students, it can reduce the number of subjects needed to gain a qualification. Learn more about the process of applying for advanced standing at Southern Cross University here.
Enhance business management expertise with a Master of Business Administration from Southern Cross University Online. Diversify your business skillset, develop a managerial perspective and gain the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful leader in today’s competitive global market.
The degree is 100% online. With six study periods a year, start your studies at a time that suits. You can study a general MBA or specialise your degree in Accounting, Health Services Management, Information Knowledge Management or Managing and Leading People.
Recommended Study Pattern
- Management Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis
- Accounting for Managers
- Finance for Managers
- Corporate Governance for Managers
- The Positive Leader
- Project Management Principles
- Global Business
- Strategy and Case Analysis
- Managing Information Systems
- Industry Research Project (double weighted)
To be awarded the MBA, students must complete 16 subjects (192 credit points) comprising:
- 12 core subjects; and
- 1 specialisation or
- 2 elective subjects and Industry Research Project: Part A and Industry Research Project: Part B
Students can choose to exit with the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration if the following 4 subjects have been completed.
- Accounting for Managers;
- Management Communication;
- Organisational Behaviour;
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis.
To graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, you will need to complete eight subjects of study, including the four subjects listed above, along with the following four subjects:
- Global Business;
- Project Management Principles;
- The Positive Leader;
Choose your subjects
You have the choice to specialise your MBA in the below four areas:
If not taking a specialisation, select two of the following subjects:
- Business Accounting for Managers
- Business and Corporation Law for Managers
- Healthcare Professional Portfolio A
- Leading Change in Healthcare
- Principles and Practice of Clinical Accountability
- Strategic Health Management
- Managing Digital Enterprise
- Strategic Knowledge Management
- Organisational Change and Development
- Human Resource Management