Master of Business Administration (Data and Cyber Management)
Bolster your MBA with cyber leadership
Become the leader that steers organisations safely through cyber threats. Secure valuable data according to best cyber security practice. Navigate change. Develop practical tools to shape a positive data security culture in organisations.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 11 Oct 20
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- define the problem: graduates will be able to understand the broad context and complexity of an industry and the resultant challenges faced by its constituents. Students will be able to frame complex industry problems and effectively communicate them to others possessing both specialist and non-specialist expertise;
- gather and analyse evidence: graduates will develop and refine skills of efficiently collecting, analysing and synthesising data required to identify and illuminate the roots of complex industry challenges through both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- demonstrate management: graduates will develop project management knowledge and skills and then administer projects by drawing on practical experience and theoretical approaches to management. They will be able to critically apply leading management theories to specific project contexts in order to effectively achieve project goals;
- develop strategic vision: graduates will develop frameworks for achieving organisational change drawing on innovative and entrepreneurial solutions. They will develop strategic visions that identify business opportunities and appropriately incorporate relevant risk reasoning into proposed business solutions;
- demonstrate leadership in cyber and data management: graduates will be able to communicate vision effectively and mitigate implementation risks to achieve effective change management in relation to cyber and data through both creative and pragmatic approaches. Graduates will be prepared for leading organisational change;
- understand, communicate and apply advanced theoretical knowledge in their fields of data security, leadership and people management to real world contexts in order to justify propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and recommend actions relevant to contemporary business settings; and
- critically apply cross-disciplinary knowledge in decision making to demonstrate an understanding of global business challenges and key management strategies to positively influence a data mindset with creativity for innovation and data security contexts.
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Head of Cyber Security
- Head of Digital Transformation Security
- Head of Cyber Defense
- President Cyber Security
- Information Security Director
- Change Leader
- Cyber Security Executive
- Data and Cyber Security lead
- VP Cyber Security Strategy
- VP Security Assurance
- Security Governance Director
- Threat Investigations Lead
- Enterprise Risk Officer
- Governance Compliance & Risk Manager
This course is accredited by the University of New England which is a self-accrediting tertiary institution, offering a multitude of accredited course programs across a variety of academic disciplines. The University is compliant with the National Quality Assurance processes provided by the AQF and TEQSA.
Option A: hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification or above
Option B: hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate in Data and Cyber Management from UNE
English Proficiency Requirements
UNE and Ducere accept students who have either:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic overall score of at least 6.0, with no sub-band less than 5.5.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 213 in the computer-based test OR at least 79 in the internet-based test. You must receive a rating of no less than 22 in the written component.
- A Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) minimum overall score of 57 with no skill less than 50.
To be eligible, you must have received your English language test score within two years of the date of application for admission to UNE.
You may be able to get credit or RPL for some units of this course based on your previous education and work experience. This means the duration of the course may be reduced. Applicants are advised to contact the degree administrator.
- With a focus on data and cyber management, our MBA will provide the leaders of tomorrow with an understanding of core business concepts and a diverse set of industry-focused skills through the application of holistic, real-world analysis and an exploration of current business theories.
- Students can expect to graduate with a portfolio of work that addresses some of the most pragmatic realities within the challenging and rapidly changing online business landscape.
- This is not a technical qualification. This course is designed to provide the leader with sufficient knowledge of the different programming languages, systems and infrastructures combined with both local and globally recognised strategies to successfully liaise with various technical experts and stakeholders to make informed management decisions
- This course clearly identifies the various data risks to, and the responsibilities of, every organisation with an online presence. Students will focus explicitly on culture, values and dispositions in order to affect change within organisations in regards to best cyber security practice. As no two organisations are the same, each will require unique, multi-faceted and creative solutions reached through careful planning of self and others.
- No exams. Benefit from the opportunity to fast-track your studies and graduate in 6 months, while you work
- Over 44% Of Ducere students received a salary increase or promotion before graduating
- This course is developed in partnership with industry experts and modern thought leaders who, together with our Global Leaders Faculty (GLF), provide genuine insights from over 250 of the world’s greatest individuals, from prime ministers, Nobel Prize winners, entrepreneurs, scientists, academics and CEO’s. Information is delivered fully online over each trimester through a bespoke learning management system supplemented by various rich media and modern case studies.
Recommended Study Pattern
- Global Cyber Security and Law
- Risk Analysis and Threat Management
- Big Data
- The Cyber Mindset
- Ethics and Decision Making
- People and Culture
- Finance for Managers
- Digital Operations and Project Management
- Business Strategy
- Leadership in Practice
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Industry Project
Subject to Advanced Standing Rules, candidates may be eligible to exit with the Graduate Certificate in Data and Cyber Management on completion of 24 credit points.