Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Health
Make great decisions that improve the health of populations
Combine your growing business acumen with a deeper understanding of public health issues and policies. This well-established course prepares you for demanding – and rewarding – management roles. Become a confident leader in public health.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Master industry-standard business software to effectively analyse data
- Apply advanced business principles to solve complex problems
- Develop intervention strategies to detect and prevent diseases
- Analyse financial, legal, and economic aspects of health and health policy
Move up in your professional career and develop critical strategies to guide your business and employ dynamic leadership and health management skills. This course will help you critically analyse and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention, advocacy, leadership and management, and epidemiology to undertake demanding management roles in government, allied health, aid and development, hospitals and health service departments. Potential career paths include:
- Executive Director
- General Manager
- Entrepreneur Board Member
- Health Policy Advisor
- Health Promotion Officer
- Project Officer/Manager
- Community Development Worker
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree (AQF Level 7) AND at least two years of professional experience
Work and Life
- Applicants without formal qualifications at AQF7 or above may be considered for entry to the Graduate Certificate of Public Health on the basis of a combination of formal (below AQF7) or non-formal qualifications and seven years of relevant experience in a health professional role.
Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Credit for previous study or work
Torrens University's MBA and Master of Public Health provides leadership training with a deeper understanding of health policies. Benefit from a top-ranked MBA program, and improve global decision-making skills.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, part-time options available
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Health course structure comprises 16 subjects (160 credit points). The course of study is made up of:
- MBA Core Subjects (8 Subjects, 2 Trimesters, 12 months or 8 months accelerated)
- MPH Core Subjects (8 Subjects, 2 Trimesters, 12 months or 8 months accelerated)