Master of Agribusiness (2 years)
Specialise in more areas of agribusiness management
Take your agricultural knowledge even further with this extended Masters Degree. Explore agribusiness from all angles and become an expert in project appraisals, research and production. Prepare for a range of leadership roles in a high demand industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Benefit from regular exposure to practising managers and their businesses through a hands-on approach to learning.
- Explore all aspects of the value chain to confidently work with small-scale and large-scale producers, processors, transporters, financial institutions and domestic and international retailers to deliver high-quality and affordable products.
- Position yourself as a future business leader through the selection of electives in entrepreneurship, corporate law, finance and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Agribusiness manager
- Agribusiness researcher
- Commodity trader
- Export marketing officer
- Policy developer
- Supply chain manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or
- a graduate certificate (or equivalent) in agribusiness, or
- to have successfully completed at least 3 years of study towards an approved qualification at an overseas partner institution, with a formal pathway to the Master of Agribusiness.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
Agribusiness is the study of food and fibre consumers, retailers, marketers, processors and primary producers, with a focus on profitably managing the producer-to-consumer chain.
This program gives students opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills and practice; develop their careers; and be able to deliver more profitable outcomes for agribusiness. Students learn to locate, analyse, interpret, synthesise and apply information to agribusiness problems and opportunities. Graduates demonstrate specialized knowledge of agribusiness management, and business and communication skills associated with their selected areas of study.
This program is designed to meet the needs of professionals working in agribusiness who wish to upgrade their management skills; those wishing to redirect their careers into agribusiness; and new graduates in either business or agricultural/rural science wishing to enhance their employment prospects or work towards a research-based higher degree.