Graduate Diploma in Digital Product Design
Specialised design skills to further your digital career
In this course, you’ll learn how to craft exceptional digital solutions. Deep dive into the complex needs of online businesses and their customers. With this qualification, you’ll establish yourself as a strategic and effective digital professional.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 14 May 23
- 02 Jul 23
- 13 Aug 23
- 29 Oct 23
One of Australia's largest dual-sector institutes, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 96,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about RMIT.
Explore RMIT courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply strategic digital product design knowledge and skills, technologies, user research to frame organisational level problems and opportunities, engage stakeholders, and propose solutions.
- Communicate design outputs and ideas to diverse stakeholders using appropriate design tools, engaging presentation skills and formats.
- Demonstrate cultural, environmental, and social awareness by maintaining an ethical and reflective design practice and mindset.
- Strategically, operationally, and ethically lead the research and design of digital products which align with the needs of complex stakeholder groups.
- Lead the research, design and delivery of specialised digital products and solutions that integrate business, community, and market focused thinking within complex design contexts.
The Graduate Diploma in Digital Product Design will equip you with the tools, skills, methods, and processes to become a versatile and effective digital product designer.
An Australian Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent overseas qualification)
Work and Life
Students who do not meet academic qualifications may be eligible for entrance into this program if they have a minimum of five years’ professional experience in innovation and start-ups, creative practice, digital design studios, human resources, business analysis, management consultancy, process analysis or other similar roles. To have your professional experience considered, you must include in your application a CV and a statement that details your experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
You must meet the University's minimum English language requirements to be eligible for a place in this program.
If you are a local student, refer to the English requirements for postgraduate coursework programs.
If you are an international student, refer to the English requirements and equivalency information. The program requires a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 in IELTS (Academic).
You have a credit pathway into this program if you’ve successfully completed one of RMIT Online’s following programs:
- Graduate Certificate in User Experience Design
- Graduate Certificate in Service Design
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Product Design
- Graduate Certificate of Product Management
Transform your career with in-demand digital product design capabilities and lead the delivery of successful digital products. Gain strategic insight into design problems, formulate effective solutions, and drive key product decisions with stakeholders.
Recommended Study Pattern
To receive the Graduate Diploma in Digital Product Design, students must complete 8 subjects, consisting of:
5 core subjects
- Digital Product Design Strategy and Contexts
- Design Practice and Leadership
- Digital Product Design Process and Methods
- User Experience Research
- Product and Business Strategy
3 elective subjects from the following choices
- Product Design and Customer Experience
- Product Development and Operations
- Future Skills: Digital Leadership and Digital Marketing Strategy
- Future Skills: Digital Leadership and Digital Delivery with Agile
- Service Design in Practice
- Design Strategy Practice and Principles
- Service Design Research
- Service Futures
- Programming Fundamentals
- Data and Privacy in the Digital Age
- User Experience Practice and Principles
- User Experience Design and Prototyping
- Future Skills: User Interface Design and Business Analyst Fundamentals
- Future Skills: User Interface Design and Product Management Fundamentals
Students must complete 8 subjects.