Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Formulate solutions to complex business problems
- Evaluate opportunities for change
- Apply technical and discipline specific knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice
Take charge of your global business career, learn how to make waves in the industry with this 12-month course. The MBA Future Business prepares you for a wide range of career opportunities in areas including management consulting, business acquisition, strategy and leadership.
Potential occupations include:
- chief executive officer
- managing director
- chief operating officer
- executive director
- national director
- chief robotics officer
- artificial intelligence architect
- in-world marketing architect
- loyalty engineer
- program director
- marketing manager
- machine and people ethics manager
- senior business development manager
Potential employers include:
- multinational corporations
- large private companies
- public sector
- market research consultancies
- corporate agencies
- not-for-profit organisations
- Hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution OR
- Have completed the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at Flinders University
English Proficiency Requirements
Flinders University conducts an English Language proficiency check on applications submitted for consideration to its courses.
This will be met in a number of ways, including if the applicants:
- first language is English (i.e. citizenship is held for a country where English is the official language)
- completed secondary schooling in Australia
- completed prior study in English (e.g. a Certificate IV or higher from a recognised Australian training institution)
- completed one semester of full-time equivalent tertiary study at a higher education institution
- completed a recognised Foundation Studies or bridging program
- performance in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) meets the University's admissions requirements
- registered with an Australian professional registration body relevant to the applicant's proposed course (e.g. applicant holds current registration as a Registered Nurse, General Practitioner, Teacher, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and such in Australia)
- achieved a score within an international English language proficiency test such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL or Cambridge CAE that meets the minimum proficiency for the university
- completed an approved English language course from a registered English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) Provider
In some instances, applicants may be asked to provide evidence they meet the requirements if the information required is not available in their application.
Real industry experience is a major feature of this fast-tracked course, with up to 26 weeks of experience available through Work Integrated Learning and industry programs. You’ll undertake an industry placement or choose a specialised industry entrepreneurial program, such as the Defence Entrepreneurship Program (DEP). Flinders is the first university in South Australia to offer the DEP, a landmark program that will see you learn how to use modern innovation tools and techniques to address national security and intelligence issues, and help you create international defence entrepreneurial networks.
Credit transfer may be granted, on application, for prior study completed in a relevant honours, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or master degree; accredited professional development; or relevant work experience.
Applications for credit transfer are assessed on a case by case basis according to Flinders University policies. Students must be made an offer for entry into a degree before lodging their completed credit transfer application, along with all necessary documentation for formal assessment. More information is available at www.flinders.edu.au/credit
The course is designed to provide a strong foundation in appropriate business knowledge, skills and to foster attitudes commensurate with successful careers as managers of organisations including private sector business organisations, not-for-profit organisations and public organisations. The course aims to provide students with a sound understanding and appreciation of the context in which organisations operate including the impact of global economic, social, environmental and ethical and business conditions and practices.
Recommended Study Pattern
The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration requires 1 year of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time). The course is offered by the College of Business, Government and Law.
The course articulates with the 18-unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and one of the following courses or course specialisations:
- Master of Business Administration Future Business
- Master of Business Administration Industry Focused
- Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics)
- Master of Business Administration (Finance)
- Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Marketing)
To qualify for the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, a student must complete 36 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic.