Graduate Certificate of Leadership and Change
Designed for busy professionals who lead people through change
Build your confidence to lead change in complex business environments. You’ll work on contemporary leadership skills, change management, and persuasion. Be ready to tackle contemporary workplace issues with skills employers value.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 11 Jun 23
- 09 Jul 23
- 09 Jul 23
- 03 Sep 23
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
Explore Macquarie courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon the completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Construct and apply effective leadership strategies for organisational change.
- Critically evaluate and design evidence-based responses to contemporary business challenges.
- Devise strategies to effectively lead, influence, and communicate with others.
- Business consultant
- CEO or general manager
- Change agent or manager
- Human resources consultant
- Industry specialist manager
- Operations manager
- Project manager
- Sales manager
- Training officer or manager
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
The required standard of English for this degree is:
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
- All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- For more information on accepted equivalents, please see English Language Requirements.
This course is not eligible for recognition of prior learning.
Effective leadership and change management skills are essential for professional success in today’s dynamic and competitive business environment. The most effective leaders are those who are trustworthy, decisive, adaptable and positive. They use positivity and perspective to establish and maintain high performance by engaging, inspiring, influencing, empowering and coaching others.
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Change is designed for busy professionals seeking the skills to motivate and lead people through changing environments. The themes and units you’ll study – which are unique to this course – will help you to develop a deep understanding of how to lead change in uncertain, complex and demanding situations.
- Undertake the only graduate certificate of its kind - Study this one-of-kind course and build your leadership skills alongside your change management capabilities.
- Upskill to boost your career or reskill and transition to another - Accelerate your current career or transition to another – leadership and change management skills are in demand in all fields.
- Study 100 per cent online for maximum flexibility - Gain a professional qualification while studying online, and fit your studies around your work and lifestyle commitments.
- Get the skills you right need now or ladder up to a master degree - Apply your learnings to your current role immediately, and gain credit towards one of Australia’s top ranked Masters of Management.
Recommended Study Pattern
You will study the following subjects:
- Work, Organisation and Management
- Learning to Be a Leader
- Change Management
- Learning to be Persuasive
The order in which you study subjects may depend upon when you commence your degree and the pace of your study.
This postgraduate coursework degree requires completion of four subjects.