Graduate Certificate of Digital Marketing
Optimise your organisation’s digital marketing presence
Explore key digital marketing concepts, strategies, and best practices. You’ll build skills in SEO, PPC, display advertising, social media, and eDM. Reach customers across different touchpoints in their journey. Generate increased growth for businesses.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 24 Dec 23
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
Explore Macquarie courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon the completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate and apply advanced knowledge of digital and social media marketing concepts, strategies and insights to interact with consumers and optimise firms’ ‘digital marketing presence’.
- Examine marketing best practices underpinned by advanced theory, generating data-driven insights about markets and consumers, to address real-world business and consumer challenges in the digital era.
- Apply appropriate marketing technologies such as AI, machine learning, big data and automation, to optimise marketing strategies and achieve business objectives.
- Apply customer-centric marketing strategies across different digital touchpoints in the customer journey to evaluate and offer a ‘seamless customer experience’.
- Advertising or marketing communications specialist
- Brand manager
- Content specialist
- Marketing manager
- Marketing strategist
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) manager
- Social media and digital marketing specialist
- Social media strategist
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent. Related fields are Marketing, Business, Commerce, Economics, Management, Sales, Public Relations, Media Studies, Communications, Advertising, International Business, Supply Chain, Social Science, Psychology.
Work and Life
Five years (full-time equivalent) of relevant managerial or professional work experience in a related field. Professional work experience includes roles requiring technical or specialist expertise or managerial / decision making functions with a broad knowledge or skills in key concepts or principles in marketing and/or business.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The required standard of English for this degree is:
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent from TOEFL, Pearson, Cambridge or OET.
Credit for previous study or work
This course is not eligible for recognition of prior learning.
Digital marketing is unquestionably an integral activity for any brand that wishes to engage with prospects, drive traffic and generate quality leads. Those with in-demand digital marketing skills in SEO, PPC, display advertising, social media, content marketing and email marketing, are leading the marketing transformation in the digital era.
The Graduate Certificate of Digital Marketing will expose you to key digital marketing concepts, principles, strategies and best practices, so you’re skilled to help your organisation optimise its digital marketing presence. You’ll emerge with advanced skills to generate added value for customers across different touchpoints in their journey, as well as generate increased growth for businesses. You’ll learn to exploit the benefits digital technologies and channels offer, and you’ll learn how to generate consumer insights from various digital channels to maximise and optimise return on marketing investment.
- Hone your skills in marketing optimisation - Apply the latest technologies in AI, machine learning, marketing automation, experimentation and analytics.
- Explore customer-centric marketing strategies - Learn how to apply consumer insights to enhance customer experience and optimise marketing return on investment.
- Study 100 per cent online for maximum flexibility - Gain a professional qualification while studying online, and fit your studies around your work and life commitments.
- Get the skills you need right now or ladder up to a master degree - Gain credit towards Australia’s number one ranked Master of Marketing and move into a future-proof fast-growing field.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
You will study the following subjects:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Managing Customer Experience
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Technologies
The order in which you study subjects may depend upon when you commence your degree and the pace of your study.
This postgraduate coursework degree requires completion of four subjects.