Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Aviation Management)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Aviation, students will be able to:
- use advanced knowledge of the aviation industry with depth in the underlying principles and concepts in their professional practice
- apply initiative and judgement in planning, problem solving and ethical decision making in a professional aviation context
- apply critical thinking and judgement in supervised, practical situations within the aviation industry
- develop high level written and interpersonal communication skills appropriate to supervisory positions within the complex socio-technical aviation system
- engage in a range of professional and ethical research skills and/or theoretical research methodologies appropriate to the aviation context
- integrate relevant theory and practice related to a wide range of emergent, technological and human interface challenges within the aviation industry.
Add to your existing qualifications and professional portfolio with potential managerial opportunities in aviation operations, scheduling, airports, airline operations, aviation regulation and accident and incident investigation.
Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in the area of aviation, management and/or psychology, or equivalent OR a minimum of equivalent five years’ professional work experience + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Build on your pre-existing knowledge of aviation with UniSQ's Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Aviation Management) and learn to lead in contemporary aviation strategy and aviation safety. Strengthen your skills by learning to manage both national and organisational cultural issues within an aviation context. Learn to use your independent expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility to research critical information, analyse elements in aviation management decision making whilst practising critical thinking skills in complex situations.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.