Graduate Certificate of Applied Business Analytics
With a focus on real-world business analytics tools and techniques
Develop programming, database, and statistics skills. You’ll explore machine learning techniques applied to big data. Use data to problem solve and make decisions. Visualise and tell stories. Get the right skills for an evolving IT industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 17 Mar 24
- 09 Jun 24
- 07 Jul 24
- 01 Sep 24
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie University.
Explore Macquarie courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon the completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply data modelling and forecasting methods for analysing data from various sources
- Use contemporary analytics tools to make data-driven decisions and recommendations
- Apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive techniques to solve business problems
- Visualise findings and tell stories with data
- Communicate data insights with decision makers and other stakeholders
- Business development manager
- Consumer analyst
- Data analyst
- Data visualisation analyst
- Digital marketing specialist
- Financial adviser or analyst
- Human resources professional
- Information technology analyst
- Management consultant
- Market analyst
- Public sector adviser
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
The required standard of English for this degree is:
Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent from TOEFL, Pearson, Cambridge or OET.
Credit for previous study or work
Recognition of Prior Learning is not available for this program.
The world’s biggest companies are increasingly using business analytics to help them measure their past performance, improve efficiency, increase profits and innovate. Those with skills in data-driven decision-making and problem solving – who can visualise findings and tell stories with data – are in demand in all industries, both in Australia and across the globe.
The flexible Graduate Certificate of Applied Business Analytics has a strong focus on practical and real-world applications of business analytics tools and techniques. You’ll develop your knowledge of computer programming, databases, applied statistics and machine learning techniques applied to big data. You’ll apply data modelling and forecasting methods for analysing data from various sources. And you’ll become adept at recognising the importance of ethical reasoning in the solution of analytics-related problems.
- Examine the three key categories of contemporary analytics - Learn how to apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive techniques to solve business problems.
- Study 100 per cent online for maximum flexibility - Gain a professional qualification while studying online, and fit your studies around your work and life commitments.
- Get the skills you right need now or ladder up to a master degree - Gain credit towards Australia’s longest-running Master of Business Analytics, which is ranked in the top 100 in the world.
- Build practical capabilities alongside theoretical knowledge - Focus on real-world applications of business analytics tools and techniques.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
You will study the following subjects:
- Introduction to Inference, Modelling and Forecasting
- Techniques in Business Analytics
- Management of Data, Analytics and Change
- Data and Visualisation for Business
The order in which you study subjects may depend upon when you commence your degree and the pace of your study
This postgraduate coursework degree requires completion of four subjects.