Graduate Certificate in Special Needs Education
Bring inclusion to education and support all students
Advance your professional career to senior leadership positions in special and inclusive education. Look to work as an inclusion teacher, support teacher or special education teacher working in a range of educational settings.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
This program is suitable for those already working with, or who wish to work with, students with special needs within primary, secondary, and special schools. An evidence-based approach will equip graduates with essential specialist knowledge and skills to engage with school staff and parents in order to better support the learning and behaviour of a diverse range of students with special needs.
The program can advance career pathways and is a stepping-stone to more advanced courses within the Master of Special Needs and Intervention Education.
You will find employment opportunities as an inclusion teacher, support teacher or special education teacher working in a range of educational settings. You will be able to advance your professional career to senior leadership positions in special and inclusive education.
Please note that this degree does not lead to teacher registration.
To be eligible for admission to this Graduate Certificate program, applicants must have:
- a bachelors degree (or equivalent) and preferably with full-time teaching experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Special Needs Education (GCertSpNeedsEd), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for the prescribed subjects.