Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching for Higher Education
Become a more effective higher education teacher
Grow your knowledge and develop good practice in higher ed learning and teaching. Improve your research, communication, and planning skills. Explore curricula design. Gain current perspectives on uni teaching. Sharpen your digital skills. Collaborate!
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this program students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Critically evaluate contemporary theories and practices and current trends in learning and teaching in higher education to inform innovative and effective practices
- Critically evaluate the higher education literature to generate scholarly and evidence-based practice
- Create and evaluate curriculum design, teaching and learning strategies and assessment practices that are inclusive and promote student engagement with complex ideas in their discipline
- Apply digital practices designed to enhance self and student digital literacies and to promote student engagement and deep learning
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning with the aim of continuous improvement of practice.
Upon graduation from the Graduate Certificate of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, you will have the contemporary credentials and qualifications that are becoming increasingly necessary for a career in the field of tertiary education. You will be able to plan engaging educational experiences and use a scholarly approach to improve the overall student learning experience, qualities that are quickly becoming requirements for promotion opportunities. If you are not already working in the higher education sector, graduating from the Graduate Certificate of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education will greatly increase your employability, demonstrating a commitment to professional development and ensuring high quality teaching standards.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education applicants must meet the following specific requirements: As a minimum qualification, a recognised Bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline area
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
Delivered fully online, the program provides rich opportunities to acquire new skills from a scholarly and evidence-based approach to learning and teaching in higher education. This includes the ability to analyse and critically evaluate contemporary theories and practices to inform innovative curriculum design, effective student learning, as well learn how to plan, implement and evaluate teaching, learning and assessment practices. This program introduces students to the process of researching their own practice and/or wider learning and teaching phenomena. In this way students investigate and solve many of the challenges of the contemporary higher education context. It is suitable for individuals considering a tertiary teaching career, or those who are already teaching in higher education. The award articulates to the Graduate Diploma and a Master in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education by coursework. Students can also go on to and complete a Graduate Diploma and a Master in Health Professional Education.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students may only complete this program under part-time study (no more than 2 subjects per semester).
Complete the following three core subjects:
- EDUC5115 Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education
- EDUC5116 Designing Curriculum for Effective Learning
- EDUC5117 Principles and Practices of Assessment and Evaluation
Complete one elective subject from the following options:
- EDUC5011 Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- EDUC5119 Supervising Postgraduate Research
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education students must complete a minimum of 100 Units of Credit chosen from the courses listed in Appendix A comprising: 75 Units of Credit from three (3) Compulsory Courses; 25 Units of Credit from one (1) Elective Course
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.