Graduate Certificate in International Tourism and Hospitality Management
Upgrade your travel know-how into career opportunities
This postgraduate qualification is your ticket to senior management positions in entertainment, events, conferences, and food and beverage. Graduate and embark on global employment opportunities, or continue your studies towards a Masters Degree.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
International Tourism and Hospitality Management is an exciting career offering tremendous flexibility for global employment opportunities. It is an ideal career if you are customer focused, a good communicator and enjoy travel and hotel experiences. In the Graduate Certificate in International Tourism and Hospitality Management you will gain a solid base of knowledge and understanding for working within the tourism and hospitality industry, control systems to improve resource utilisation, contemporary growth trends and sustainability practices, and personal and professional skills vital for success in the tourism and hospitality industries.
International Tourism and Hospitality Management offers variety and global travel employment opportunities like few other professions. Including the entertainment industry, conference management, event planning, travel industry, hotel and restaurant management, human resource management, digitization and media, employees have tremendous diversity on offer. With a postgraduate qualification, you will be prepared for senior management positions in international tourism and hospitality, as well as qualify for entry into the Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management if you seek further study in this field.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in International Tourism and Hospitality Management, a student must:
- hold any Bachelor degree (or equivalent) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 point scale) OR
- have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in International Tourism and Hospitality Management (GCertIntTourHospMgt), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for core courses.
Degree structure can be found here