Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
Chart your success with a specialisation in health informatics
Concentrate on health information in this specialist postgraduate degree. Explore health information technologies, methodologies for data acquisition, and structuring data. Develop your project management skills and understand resource management.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
This postgraduate qualification prepares you to work with health technologies that enable the delivery of health services including eHealth, electronic health records and Big Data as part of information management.
Courses are taught by professionals with a background in healthcare management who share their experiences, skills and strategies.
This degree is accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) and presented by one of Australia’s largest postgraduate Health Services Management educators. It's studied part-time only, to fit within the working commitments of healthcare professionals.
The program would be of interest to clinicians; health management professionals; science (information engineering); and personnel working in health corporate roles with responsibilities in health data and information.
The program will prepare your for the next step in your career in Australia and overseas developing improved health systems and services. Roles where you can apply your knowledge and skills include clinician, health management, information engineering, and health corporate roles in health data and information including project management and change roles in eHealth, and electronic record transformation programs.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics is accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM).
Students who complete this degree may be eligible for membership to the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM). This qualification supports an application for education recognition from the Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA).
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics applicants must hold:
- any Bachelor degree; OR
- a health-related diploma PLUS two years relevant work experience in the health or aged-care sector; OR
Work and Life
- a minimum of five years equivalent full-time work experience in administrative, management and leadership roles within healthcare organisations (students would be expected to have career goals to work in health-related organisations).
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics (GCertHInf), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for the core courses.