Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics and Cyber Security
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Combine two of today's most crucial ICT skills, data analytics and cyber security, into a single qualification in this graduate certificate. You'll learn how to analyse vast quantities of data in order to extract intelligence for commercial planning and how to secure that data from privacy and security breaches. Knowledge in these areas is highly sought-after in today's digitally disrupted economy.
The skills in data science, data management, data visualisation and cyber security you'll gain in this program will apply to business and commercial scenarios, helping to future-proof your career. You'll develop the ability to analyse, manipulate, model and interpret large data sets using digital platforms and tools, such as Python, Tableau, Hadoop and SQL. You will also be able to apply these specialised skills to securing your business data, to uncover patterns, and generate valuable insights into operations and decision-making.
This qualification stands on its own as a complements to a range of IT-related degrees, and it is also a gateway to further study in cyber security and data science. You could find work in database administration, ICT security, systems administration and data analysis.
Key employment sectors
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Public Administration and Safety
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Education and Training
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Other Industries
Potential job outcomes
- Database administrator
- ICT security specialist
- Systems administrator
- Data analyst
- Systems analyst
*Source: Australian Government Job Outlook.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics and Cyber Security, an applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor degree or Bachelor Honours degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 point scale)
- OR have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics and Cyber Security (GCertDataAnalyticsCybSecurity), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 20 credit points for core courses and
- gain 20 credit points for listed elective courses.
Degree structure can be found here