Master of Data Science (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program students should be able to:
- Autonomously apply key ICT and data science professional knowledge, technologies and programming skills to critically investigate and analyse contemporary core issues in a global market, and to develop big data analysis and evidence-based decision-making skills.
- Select, adapt and apply specialised quantitative and technical skills to work independently and collaboratively to process and interpret major theories and concepts associated with big data to solve and interpret complex and real-life problems.
- Work under broad direction within a team environment, manage conflict, and take a leadership role for a task within the project.
- Apply and communicate ethical, legal, and professional standards related to big data privacy and building of a security culture, and assess and evaluate risks in order to comply with customer organisational requirements.
- Investigate, critically analyse, evaluate and communicate research findings and problem solutions associated with applied data theories and methodologies to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
This degree provides a diverse range of career outcomes with opportunity to advance your profession into any big-data, artificial intelligence or machine learning field. As a graduate, you will become an efficient data scientist, utilising predictive analytics, big data management, big data analysis and modelling, artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce insights that make important, real-life decisions.
The Master of Data Science is accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS), giving eligibility for ACS membership, and recognition by ACS for certification.
Completed Bachelor Degree or equivalent OR a minimum of equivalent five years’ professional work experience + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Study the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning specialisation with UniSQ and explore concepts regarding deep learning, natural language processing, information retrieval and knowledge management. In an increasingly data driven world, it's critical that we can use information retrieval technologies and systems to query and retrieve useful information to support advanced data analytics and inform high-level decision-making. Explore concepts and learning within big data management, machine learning and data mining to ensure you have the knowledge for a career in this dynamic industry.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.