Graduate Certificate in Catchment Hydrology
Advance your career in catchment hydrology and water management
Unpack the complex systems and science behind the catchment process and hydrology. Solve catchment science with software and data. Graduates are skilled up to contribute to catchment work in urban development, flood impact, and waterway pollution.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
With this qualification, you'll gain an integrated understanding of catchment function and the right mix of hydrological and hydraulic computer modelling and data science skills needed to further a career in catchment hydrology and water management.
You'll develop a critical and applied understanding of catchment hydrological, ecological, and morphological processes and how they inter-relate.
The Graduate Certificate in Catchment Hydrology will enable you to accelerate your career in work related to managing and mitigating the catchment impacts of urban development, mitigating flood impacts, and reducing waterway pollution and degradation.
Graduates will find improved work opportunities in:
- Water utilities
- Local government
- Natural resource or catchment management agencies
- State or national government
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Catchment Hydrology; a student must:
- hold any Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale) OR
- have a minimum of two years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website: