Graduate Certificate in Business
A range of core business building blocks
Study business fundamentals to boost or change your career. Choices include HR, accounting, marketing, data analytics, and more. Build your business skills for confidence in today’s complex business world. Unlock entry to the Master of Business.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 22 Oct 23
- 12 Nov 23
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
What you'll learn
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Business will develop specialised knowledge and application skills of contemporary theories across a range of business disciplines.
This program will give you the foundation to advance your career in a range of industries and professions.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business, a student must:
- hold any Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale); OR
- have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field; OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
International students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
The Direct Entry Program (DEP) is not available for Domestic students.
Credit for previous study or work
Reduce the time it takes to finish your degree. You can apply to Griffith to recognise your prior learning, including:
- Formal learning through courses completed at uni and TAFE.
- Informal learning through workplace experience or volunteer training.
- Non-formal learning through social experiences and hobbies.
The Graduate Certificate in Business is comprised of a set of specialist courses that will provide you with a solid foundation in business concepts and an understanding of the complex environments in which businesses operate.
You will be equipped with the skills and confidence to effectively meet the changing needs of business, community and government enterprises in a range of fields. As a graduate, you will have the core knowledge needed to progress into the masters program and further advance your career.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
As a guide, core subjects in this degree can include:
- Principles of Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- Accounting and Governance
- Business Data Analytics
- Marketing Foundations
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Business (GCertBus), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for the core courses.