Bachelor of Television and Radio (Radio Production)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate both applied and theoretical knowledge in either production of media content or workplace practice.
2. Gain required technical skills and real-world experience engaging with industry partners to record, mix , master and produce digital content.
3. Apply core skills established in critical thinking, reflexive and reflective processes to enhance practice, as well as communicating effectively with fellow practitioners through either written and verbal form.
4. Draw on both historical and contemporary industry practice to inform processes and structure for best practice.
5. Be a highly skilled, engaged broadcast media practitioner confident to interact in a variety of distribution channels.
6. Confidently work across all cultural settings, diversity and beliefs and work with a stronger sense of self and others.
You will be job ready as you transition into full time or part-time work. Pursue a career in broadcast and online radio and podcasting, covering technical roles, production, on-air presentation, copywriting, editing, media management, audio production and all associated roles. Podcast and audio content creation is a potential pathway for career progression as the corporate world uses and values this as a means of telling their story.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Audition + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Study the only Bachelor degree in broadcast radio offered in Queensland, and one of very few in Australia. Build your skills for on air presenting, producing, and the many roles available in broadcast radio such as writing, sales and marketing, podcasting and other aspects of the audio business. Meet the right people in industry, understand what is required at each station and benefit from relationships with Southern Cross Austereo, ABC radio, Grant Broadcasting, NOVA and community broadcasters. Learn within industry placement throughout your studies.