Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking and Cyber Security)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
At the completion of this program, students should be able to:
1. incorporate concepts of professionalism, cultural awareness, and technical practice within the IT work environment;
2. effectively communicate (both written and verbally) and employ appropriate interpersonal skills;
3. understand and employ broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge with depth in one of the following discipline areas: software application development, artificial intelligence and data science, networking and cyber security;
4. analyse, problem solve, generate and recommend solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex ICT problems either individually or in teams;
5. apply technical knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgment and responsibility;
6. apply effective project management tools and techniques to technology initiatives.
Upon graduation you can find jobs as a network engineer or network security engineer, network analyst, cyber security engineer, data security officer, business information security analyst, or IT system security analyst, IoT security specialist, network administrator etc.
Our Bachelor of Information Technology degree is accredited at professional level by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries. The Seoul Accord is a multi-lateral agreement that allows ACS accreditation to be recognised globally. This means when you graduate, your degree will be recognised by other countries who are members of the Accord.d.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Cyber security jobs are in high demand and there is an increase in the number of specialties within this ICT area. You will graduate from UniSQ workplace-ready with sound knowledge of cyber security principles and policy. Within UniSQ’s program you will explore interface networks with wide area networks (WANs) and become familiar with solving problems in computer networks, VoIP, video conferencing, and network services, whilst putting your studies into practice through an industry-based project or work experience during a final-year capstone course.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.