Bachelor of Computer Science
Get ready to work at the cutting edge of technology
Establish fundamentals in programming and maths, then choose to major in software development or data science and AI. Take part in the work-integrated learning program to build your connections and confidence—it could also help you land a dream job!
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 15 Aug 21
- 14 Nov 21
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Computer Science is a dynamic and developing field that is increasingly pervading every aspect of society. In this program you will learn the fundamental principles underpinning computer science and learn practical software technology development skills for many different platforms and applications.
You will have the choice of studying topics such as Programming Languages, Distributed Computing, Computer Architectures, Algorithms and Operating Systems, Machine Learning, Intelligent Systems, Robotics, Programming for Web, Mobile and Embedded Applications, Scientific Computing, Visualisation and Big Data Mining, and Analytics. You can choose between one of two majors and also select from a range of elective courses. In the last year of your studies, you will complete a practical project for industry or research placement providing first-hand experience of the knowledge, skills and attributes required to succeed in full-time employment.
This program prepares students for careers as a software developer, computer programmer, web and mobile applications developer, data scientist, systems analyst, computer games programmer, software systems architect and computer scientist.
OP (Overall Position) 12
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
VET qualification, Certificate III
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
For the award of Bachelor of Computer Science (BCompSc), you must successfully complete 240 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 60 credit points for one major OR
- if you elect not to complete a major, you will complete 60 credit points from the No Major Option list;
- 40 credit points of free-choice electives.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.
Degree structure can be found here.