Bachelor of Information Technology (Artificial Intelligence and Data Science)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
At the completion of this program, students should be able to:
1. incorporate concepts of professionalism, cultural awareness, and technical practice within the IT work environment;
2. effectively communicate (both written and verbally) and employ appropriate interpersonal skills;
3. understand and employ broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge with depth in one of the following discipline areas: software application development, artificial intelligence and data science, networking and cyber security;
4. analyse, problem solve, generate and recommend solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex ICT problems either individually or in teams;
5. apply technical knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and responsibility;
6. apply effective project management tools and techniques to technology initiatives.
You can apply for jobs as a data scientist, artificial intelligence expert, machine learning system developer, data analyst, business intelligence analyst, solution consultant, market research and insights manager, big data manager, data mining tools developer etc.
Our Bachelor of Information Technology degree is accredited at professional level by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries. The Seoul Accord is a multi-lateral agreement that allows ACS accreditation to be recognised globally. This means when you graduate, your degree will be recognised by other countries who are members of the Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is all around us; it’s changing the way we see the world, not only creatively in technical areas but across a variety of industries. Understanding how AI works and what benefits it can have can put you in the forefront in the job market. Within this program you will learn to implement AI algorithms and techniques using high-level programming languages to solve real-world problems. At UniSQ you can benefit from our extensive connections with industry partners and gain work-integrated learning experience during a final-year capstone course.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.