Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program students should be able to:
• Communicate with high degree of clarity and coherence focusing on specific recipients using professional or technical language;
• Identify and evaluate the communication processes in a range of industry settings using oral, written, and digital channels;
• Solve problems using critical and reflective approaches informed by communication theory, ethical and social responsibilities;
• Select and apply industry relevant communication practices in authentic settings that are collaborative, innovative, and future-focused;
• Value cultural awareness and diversity and advocate within teams, communities, and workplace settings;
• Critically examine and describe the theoretical issues, problems and methodologies used within the communication professions.
A degree in public relations will lead you to a career working as a public relations manager, political advisor, investor relations advisor, advertising coordinator, crisis manager, marketing and communications officer, community engagement practitioner or social media specialist.
The Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations) is accredited with the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Gain key technical skills in Public Relations by participating in hands-on client work and receiving expert support from lecturers who have worked in PR management roles around Australia and the world. We have a Public Relations Advisory Committee consisting of senior national public relations practitioners, dedicated to ensuring our courses remain current and industry focused. Upon graduation, you will gain access to industry accreditation with Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).