Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Target a strategic marketing career
Target audiences and critically examine strategies to gain customer loyalty and grow profits. Research data, segment consumers and build brand profiles. Advertise integrated marketing campaigns. Master business theory and practice and interact online.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
This 100% online degree is highly relevant and valued by industry. Throughout your studies, you will use real case studies, consumer purchase data and the latest research from some of the world’s largest brands.
The core courses in business theory will give you a solid understanding of business fundamentals such as international business; economics and accounting; business operations and intelligence. You will then branch out into your marketing specialisation where you’ll focus on areas such as:
- buyer and consumer behaviour
- market analysis and research
- advertising and brand management
You will have the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice by applying what you’ve learned in a strategic, integrated marketing project.
Careers to consider include:
- market analyst
- media planner
- brand manager
- digital marketer
- marketing and communications officer
- corporate communication advisor
The University of South Australia is linked to two world-class academic research institutes, the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science and the Institute for Choice.
Allied with UniSA, the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute has more than 50 marketing scientists who make fundamental discoveries about how brands grow and buyers behave. As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from researchers and marketing scientists who have advised some of the world's biggest brands like P&G, Nestle and ESPN.
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
Students who do not meet these criteria can start studying now by enrolling in the subjects below. Students will be eligible to apply upon successful completion of four subjects and all subjects will be credited towards the degree.
- MARK1018 Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange
- MARK1017 Professional Development in Marketing
- MATH1075 Quantitative Methods for Business
UniSA Online offers four start dates throughout the year so you can apply as soon as you’re ready. Information regarding key dates can be found here: https://online.unisa.edu.au/get-started/key-dates/
For more information or if you are unsure of your eligibility please contact an OUA Student Advisor on 1300 729 424.
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study Marketing On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around your life, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
With a focus on providing cutting edge marketing knowledge and real industry experience, this is a versatile degree underpinned by the latest marketing research that will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
Once you graduate, you will hold an extensive range of skills which will open up a world of opportunity. From advertising and marketing strategy to media planning and marketing research – you will gain the skills to make smart marketing decisions.
This degree will prepare you to communicate with different target audiences, develop strategies to grow revenue, build customer loyalty, as well as analyse brand performance and advertising metrics.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. (Information correct as at September 2020)
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange (MARK 1018)
- Business Law (LAWS 1019)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (MATH 1075)
- Professional Development in Marketing (MARK 1017)
- OR Elective^*
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1010)
- Accounting Principles for Business (ACCT 1011)
- Consumer Behaviour (MARK 1016)
- Marketing Analytics (MARK 2034)
- Market Research (MARK 2035)
- Retailing (MARK 2036)
- Advertising (MARK 2033)
- Business Intelligence (INFS 2038)
- Business Operations (BUSS 2079)
- Management and Organisation (BUSS 2081)
- Strategic Management (BUSS 3097)
- Branding (MARK 3020)
- Essentials of Marketing Planning (MARK 3021)
- Integrated Marketing (MARK 3022)
- International Business Environment (BUSS 2080)
^Two electives in the final year are required to be at an advanced level and must be chosen from the suggested electives list for this degree. Other electives may be chosen from the UniSA Online electives list. Subject pre-requisites must be satisfied.
*Recognition for prior learning (RPL) may be granted for this subject to students who have completed relevant work experience as per the UniSA Online RPL framework. Further credit will be assessed in line with the UniSA RPL policy.
Students must complete 24 subjects including 4 electives.
Choose your subjects
- Managing Decision Making - BUSS 3095
- International Management Ethics and Values - BUSS 3094
- Organisational Leadership - BUSS 3096
- Entrepreneurial Enterprises - BUSS 3093
- Managing the Employment Relationship - BUSS 3090