Bachelor of Business
An online business degree for a career in a variety of sectors
Realise the skills to be able to interpret financial documents, assess risk, manage communications and employment relations. Graduates enjoy success in management, marketing, organisational change, and hotel management careers.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 14 Nov 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business will have a broad and coherent body of knowledge that underpins theory, practice and professionalism within one of the disciplinary areas associated with the degree. In addition they will have specialist technical knowledge in at least one field of business and management studies.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business will have:
- cognitive skills to synthesise theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and its application to business
- cognitive and technical skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theory to different bodies of knowledge and practice in business
- cognitive, technical and creative skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise the use of techniques, processes, and contemporary practices in business to identify and solve problems, preparing students for the workplace
- communication skills to present in a clear, coherent manner within the organisational context, catering for a variety of audiences, including employees, government, employers, community and markets.
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
- in planning and problem solving and apply appropriate decision making in the main areas of business practice and/or scholarship
- to make independent judgements in a range of business related problems and situations through problem solving and applying theory to real world scenarios and cases
- in diverse contexts with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
Competent and competitive in many areas, you will be able to select from a wide range of career options within the public and private sectors including:
- business management
- human resource management
- managerial strategy
- organisational change
- organisational management
- planning and policy
- public relations
- recruitment and selection
- staff training and development.
Higher education via OUA
Successful completion of the Business Pathway with a minimum GPA of 4.0
At least 2 OUA undergraduate subjects or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 4.0, completed in the last 12 months at the time of application for admission.
An OP of 15, a Rank of 66 or an ATAR Score of 61.85*
*These scores/rankings apply to this program for 2018. Until this information is updated in early 2019, applications will continue to be assessed using the requirements listed above as a guide.
Work and Life
More in depth information regarding Griffith entry requirements can be found at the following website: https://www.qtac.edu.au/courses
Students may be able to receive credit for previous studies conducted at other institutions.
Credit applications will be assessed according to Griffith University policy. For more information, please contact the Administration Officer, Griffith (OUA) Services. email@example.com
A prospective student who has previously completed or partially completed a degree, may be eligible for a CSP and may also be eligible for credit transfer. For more information, please visit the following web page:
The business world offers rewarding career choices that are wide and varied - from advising on employment relations issues, managing employees or interpreting financial documents - to an emphasis on risk assessment and management-communications. In whatever part of the business world you can see yourself playing a role, the Griffith Bachelor of Business (BBus) gives students the flexibility to combine major and/or specialisation streams to suit their own business interests.
This degree offers you a choice of majors and the opportunity to complete elective subjects.
- Human Resource Management
- Contemporary Marketing
This degree includes subjects from Griffith University and other universities through OUA.
Recommended Study Pattern
This degree is an OUA Pathways course, which means there is a recommended series of subjects that, once successfully completed, can be credited towards this degree. To commence the Pathway for this degree, simply select subjects from the Pathway stream below.
Students who aren't taking part in OUA Pathways are recommended to follow this study pattern:
- Complete Level 1 Business Introductory core subjects
- Complete Level 2 Major & Elective subjects
- Complete Level 3 Major & Elective subjects
The degree will normally be of three years duration for full-time students. Prior to 2016 part-time students may take up to 10 years to accumulate subjects towards the degree. However, students commencing from 2016 onward will have 8 years to accumulate subjects towards the degree.
To be eligible for the award of Griffith Bachelor of Business (BBus), an OUA student must acquire 24 subjects as prescribed below:
- complete 8 core subjects
- complete 16 subjects including:
- one 6-unit Business major
- 10 subjects as follows:
- a second 6 subject Business major and 4 electives, OR
- 10 electives
- complete no more than 10 subjects at Year 1 level
- complete at least 6 subjects at Year 3 level
Note: In accordance with the University's Credit Transfer Policy and notwithstanding the amount of credit which may be given towards the Bachelor of Business, a student undertaking this program is required to complete a minimum of 8 subjects of second and third year subjects offered through Griffith University which are part of the Bachelor of Business degree requirements and which have not been credited towards another award.
Choose your subjects
Students can complete electives drawn from the majors listed in the program (see below) or from any undergraduate program offered by Open Universities Australia provided you meet the degree requirements. This includes the completion of at least eight second and third year units which are part of the Bachelor of Business degree requirements and which have not been credited towards another award.
Students are required to register with Griffith University for this award by completing a registration https://app.secure.griffith.edu.au/griffithpay/Griffith-OUA-Study-Plan.html for a study plan by paying the required fee. The non-refundable $150 registration fee is payable when the registration is submitted.
The $150 fee is not applicable to students who have accepted a Commonwealth supported place.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the “Single subjects” option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.