Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Communication
The business world values engaging communicators
Combine broad business knowledge with a comms specialisation. You’ll study business fundamentals then add communication theory. Media skills—including video, writing, and socials—are need in almost all sectors. Gain the competitive edge.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
University of the Sunshine Coast's teaching has been awarded 5 stars for the past 16 years. They're young, fresh and doing big things with far-reaching impacts, like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, and producing award-winning alumni. Innovative thinking that moves everyone forward is their philosophy. Together with their people, community and partners, they're building a supported environment of learning, networking and opportunities.
Learn more about UniSC.
- Study core communication disciplines and become job-ready for a range of media, marketing and communication roles
- Build a diverse skillset by studying core business concepts like management, marketing, economics and international business
- Develop briefs and communication campaigns, work with real clients and projects, and experience work as part of an agency
- Advertising executive
- Content strategist
- Corporate communications office
- Creative director
- Innovation manager
- Marketing coordinator
- Public relations officer
- Social media manager
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
Applicants must meet the minimum ATAR/Rank: 55.00
Recommended prior study: English; General Maths, Maths Methods or Specialist Maths
Work and Life
You may be eligible for a selection rank, which can help you get into university, If you:
- have completed Year 12 (no matter how long ago)
- have a TAFE/VET qualification
- have relevant work experience, or
- have studied at university before (even if you didn’t complete your studies)
To learn more about pathways visit program page Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Communication
For more detailed admissions information and criteria, visit Admissions explained.
Please refer to Application dates for the closing dates to submit an applications to study at UniSC.
Effective communication skills are among the most sought-after skills in any modern business. This double degree teaches the foundations of clear, accurate and engaging communication within a range of contexts, including social media, marketing, and video production. Develop core business knowledge needed to succeed in areas such as strategy implementation, organisational learning and growth.
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered full-time or equivalent part-time.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
Introductory courses (12) 144 units
ACC106 Accounting Principles
BUS101 Exploring Business Research
BUS102 Economics for Business
BUS104 Discovering Management
BUS105 Marketing Essentials
BUS108 Information Systems in Organisations
CMN101 Introduction to Creative Entrepreneurship
CMN106 Contemporary Communication Theory and Trends
CMN107 Communication for the Creative Professional
CMN109 Editing for Professionals
CMN120 Introduction to Contemporary Global Media and Communication
CMN150 Digital Journalism
Developing courses (1) 12 units
BUS203 Business Law
Graduate courses (3) 36 units
BUS306 World of Work: Your Pathway to Employment
BUS320 Business, Governance and Society
CMN314 Global Communication
PLUS SELECT 1 COURSE (1) 12 UNITS FROM:
BCI300 Work Integrated Learning Project
BCI301 Work Integrated Learning Placement
BCI302 Work Integrated Learning Project
BCI303 Work Integrated Learning Placement
Business Major courses (8) 96 units
- Business Administration
- Digital Futures
- Economics and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Small Business Management
- Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
Communication Major courses (8) 96 units
Select up to a total of 12 to 36 units from the undergraduate elective course options.
- Each study period, you have the choice to switch between full-time and part-time study. Full-time study is enrolling in three or more courses per study period, while part-time study is one or two courses per study period.
- The number of electives is dependent on the Business major and Creative Industries major chosen.
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 384 units.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Communication, students are required to successfully complete 384 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Communication