Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
• Evidence professional knowledge and skills in one or more disciplines which will equip students to be competitive in the regional and global workforce;
• Use creative and critical thinking processes to evaluate multiple sources of evidence, explore new ideas and possibilities, formulate arguments, and apply reasoning and reflection to develop solutions to complex real-world problems;
• Engage independently and collaboratively in informed debates, discussion, and activities to extend and advance effective communication skills in a range of oral, written and digital modes;
• Act as responsible, ethical professionals and global citizens by applying awareness of social responsibility and professional integrity to interactions with other professionals and the wider community;
• Show evidence of skills and capabilities, as well as initiative and resourcefulness, necessary to make a valuable contribution to the professional workplace, and respond to changing industry needs;
• Recognise and apply cultural awareness and tolerance for diversity within team, community and workplace settings.
Graduates are equipped for various roles across the creative and communications industries, as freelancers, or in corporate and community sectors such as arts, business, communications, law, education, and the media. Careers may include professional writer (fiction, non-fiction, or poetry), editor, publisher, travel writer, script writer, reviewer, corporate writer, game writer, workshop facilitator/teaches, media worker, digital copywriter, and the like.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
The Creative Writing major provides you with an understanding of the practice of creative writing, as well as introduce you to the ideas, theories, and philosophies that inform professional writers and the writing industry. The program is designed to allow you to experiment with diverse forms, genres, and styles of writing and learn how to conceive, write, edit, and proofread your work to a publishable standard. At UniSQ you will join a vibrant and active online and on-campus community that will connect you with local and national writing communities.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.