Associate Degree of Cybersecurity
Break into an ever-evolving field
Learn about current and emerging cybersecurity threats. You’ll investigate solutions, using IT and problem-solving skills to create a digital fortress. Cover programming, networking, cloud computing and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of preventative cybersecurity principles, programs and practices.
- Understand complex cybersecurity requirements in designing innovative ICT solutions, using critical and analytical thinking to secure digital infrastructures.
- Learn to detect vulnerabilities and assess their potential impact on digital infrastructures using next generation technologies and security solutions.
- Learn ethical hacking and penetration testing practices used for proactive and offensive security strategies.
- Identify emerging cybersecurity threats, risks and solutions.
- Learn to consider professional obligations, ethics and social responsibilities in line with ICT industry standards.
Potential career paths include:
- ICT Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Engineer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification.
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent .
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above.
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Credit for previous study or work
The course will cover an extensive range of theoretical and technical skills across subjects including cybersecurity principles; ethical hacking and penetration testing; human-centric cybersecurity in a smart society; enterprise cybersecurity governance and applications. On completion, you'll be able to analyse and recommend innovative cybersecurity solutions, utilising your design thinking and problem-solving skills to protect the digital fortress.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, 4 years part time
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises of 15 core subjects and 1 elective subject over levels 100 and 200, as follows:
- Level 100: 8 mandatory core subjects (total of 80 credit points)
- Level 200: 7 mandatory core subjects and 1 elective subject (total of 80 credit points)