Associate Degree of Branded Fashion Design
Foundational design and commercial skills to enter the fashion industry
Build a base of fashion design knowledge. You’ll learn about industry demands and expectations in this DIA-recognised course. Take advantage of industry experts and connections to Vogue Australia. Launch your fashion career.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Investigate the theory behind sustainable and ethical fashion design and marketing.
- Learn how to create and manage the integrity and positioning of a brand.
- Experiment with both classic and cutting-edge techniques and technology.
- Create relationships with the industry legends we count as friends and partners.
The Associate Degree of Branded Fashion Design is designed to provide graduates with a broad theoretical and technical base of coherent commercial fashion design and industry knowledge and skills, complemented with specialist expertise. Potential career paths include:
- Production Retail
- Stylist Product developer
- Fashion events producer
- Garment Technician Print
- Developer Fashion Illustrator
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
This qualification is designed to provide graduates with a broad theoretical and technical base of fashion design knowledge and skills, closely aligned with industry demands and expectations. The Associate Degree of Branded Fashion Design enables opportunity for discipline-specific enquiry into a complementary specialist area, leading either to entry‐level employment in the design sector or to further specialised design study at a bachelor level.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, 4 years part time
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises six common core subjects, 10 specialised subjects over Levels 100 and 200 as follows:
- Level 100: three common core subjects; five specialised subjects
- Level 200: three common core; five specialised subjects