Associate Degree of Applied Business
Your foundation in leadership and entrepreneurship
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this degree, students should be able to:
- Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges
- Evaluate a range of alternate solutions to business and social challenges and account for potentially competing economic, ethical, social and commercial perspectives in a responsible manner
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools
Devise innovative recommendations to business and social challenges based on the identification of the elements of a problem and the application and evaluation of problem solving approaches
- Engage professionally and effectively to the success of a multicultural team in a manner which is respectful of the needs, values, personalities and capabilities of others
- Utilise digital technologies to identify, source, analyse and communicate information relevant to business and social challenges
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in business
This course has been designed with a high employability focus in the exciting world of business. Career opportunities include:
- Administration Clerk/Support
- Assistant Administration Manager
- Office Manager
- Executive Support Officer
- Operations Administrator
An equivalent academic level achievement
Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25. An ATAR score of at least 50.0 or equivalent is required.
Completion of a minimum of Certificate IV
Work and Life
Students may apply based on at least one year work experience after leaving school
Students who have studied at tertiary level elsewhere, or who have relevant studies or work experience, may be eligible for advanced standing (credit) towards a La Trobe University qualification. Advanced standing enables you to complete your degree earlier, reduce your study load and/or take on additional qualifications. We can provide you with more details about the process for advanced standing at enrolment (advanced standing is similar to recognised prior learning).
This qualification opens doors if you are returning to study, trying out business for the first time or looking for an alternative entry into higher education. Studying business will introduce you to the workings of organisations and their structure, increase your commercial awareness and allow you to build practical knowledge that will be useful for life. This applied associate degree will also enable you to establish a strong foundation in leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
Please note that you will be required to enrol in the 3 Year Applied Business Degree, but after 1 Year you will receive the University Diploma, and can exit Year 2 with the Applied Associate Degree, should you complete both years successfully.
Recommended Study Pattern
As a full-time student, each year of your course must be completed within 12 months. You will then achieve your associate degree by studying 16 subjects over a 2 year timeframe.* Undertaking 30 hours of study per week should see you successfully complete your qualification within this timeframe. Each subject has specific deadlines based around your study plan which you must meet.
You may undertake your studies part-time instead, however, this will extend the duration of your course. Feel free to ask the La Trobe Student Admissions Team about this option.
*Minimum timeframe for the associate degree is 24 months. This can vary according to:
- Your progress in the course
- Leave of absence, such as holidays
- Advanced standing granted
- Changes between part-time and full-time
- Availability of subjects (for preferred elective options)
Completion of 16 subjects as per the recommended study pattern.