Associate Degree in Business
Unlock business careers and further study
Set yourself up for a future in business. You’ll study the essentials including accounting and marketing. Choose your speciality area including HR and tourism. Apply your new skills, like research and communication, to work, study, and everyday life.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
- Gain guaranteed entry into a degree at USC
- Learn innovative business concepts and develop problem-solving techniques
- Choose a specialty area and complete four subjects in one of the following areas: accounting, entrepreneurship, event management, economics, human resource management, international business, information systems, marketing, management, or tourism, leisure and event management
- Business administration
- Digital futures
- Economics and finance
- Human resource management
- Small business management
- Tourism, Leisure and Event management
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
Applicants must meet the minimum ATAR/Rank: 50.00
Recommended prior study: English; General Maths, Maths Methods or Specialist Maths
Work and Life
You may be eligible for a selection rank, which can help you get into university, If you:
- have completed Year 12 (no matter how long ago)
- have a TAFE/VET qualification
- have relevant work experience, or
- have studied at university before (even if you didn’t complete your studies)
To learn more about pathways visit program page Associate Degree in Business
For more detailed admissions information and criteria, visit Admissions explained.
Please refer to Application dates for the closing dates to submit an applications to study at UniSC.
Fast-track your career in business. This two-year program offers the perfect pathway to university to gain new skills, switch careers or simply learn more about a business area that interests you.
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered full-time or equivalent part-time.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
INTRODUCTORY COURSES (6) 72 UNITS
ACC106 Accounting Principles
BUS101 Exploring Business Research
BUS102 Economics for Business
BUS104 Discovering Management
BUS105 Marketing Essentials
BUS108 Information Systems in Organisations
DEVELOPING AND GRADUATE COURSE (1) 12 UNITS
BUS203 Business Law
ELECTIVE COURSES (9) 108 UNITS
Select 9 elective courses. Of the electives, 5 must be developing and graduate level (200/300 coded). 5 elective courses (60 units) must be from the School of Business and Creative Industries, and 4 courses (48 units) may be from the undergraduate elective course options.
- Each study period, you have the choice to switch between full-time and part-time study. Full-time study is enrolling in three or more courses per study period, while part-time study is one or two courses per study period.
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 192 units.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Associate Degree in Business, students are required to
- Successfully complete 192 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Complete no more than 10 introductory level (100 coded) courses
- Complete no more than 4 courses from the undergraduate elective course options outside the School of Business and Creative Industries.