How to become a science technician
What does a science technician do?Science technicians support scientific research and teaching. From preparing materials for experiments to maintaining relevant equipment, they provide technical support to scientists and students. Their role might also include fieldwork and presenting results.
Duties and tasks
- Calculate equations and compute measurements.
- Combine chemicals and prepare specimens.
- Demonstrate experiments in front of science classes.
- Find samples.
- Handle materials for experiments and maintain equipment.
- Present results in graphics and text.
- Test, analyse, and experiment.
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.