How to become a science technician
What does a science technician do?Science technicians support scientific research and teaching. From preparing materials for experiments to maintaining relevant equipment, they provide technical support to scientists and students. Their role might also include fieldwork and presenting results.
Duties and tasks
- Calculate equations and compute measurements.
- Combine chemicals and prepare specimens.
- Demonstrate experiments in front of science classes.
- Find samples.
- Handle materials for experiments and maintain equipment.
- Present results in graphics and text.
- Test, analyse, and experiment.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.