How to become a web developer
What does a web developer do?Web developers are responsible for all programming aspects for websites and web applications. They’re employed across all types of organisations from small to large size companies as well as being able to work as freelancers and consultants.
Duties and tasks
- Plan and design websites to meet customers specifications.
- Speak with clients to determine needs.
- Use programming languages to create web content.
- Collaborate with IT professionals including business analysts, web designers, and usability specialists.
- Work with network specialists to address and resolve connectivity problems and other issues.
Related jobs and job titles
Step up your career with these resources
How upskilling or re-skilling could improve your post-COVID-19 career options
Almost every industry has faced immense changes over the course of the COVID-19 crisis. How are you boosting your skillset to secure your career?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.