How to become an engineering manager
What does an engineering manager do?Engineering managers are responsible for planning and overseeing projects, and leading a team of engineers. They resolve high level technical engineering issues, as well as performing managerial duties such as budgeting, recruitment and training, and interdepartmental liaison.
Duties and tasks
- Draw up budgets, schedules, and plans.
- Run an engineering department, organisation, company, or firm.
- Plan and implement projects and initiatives within engineering departments.
- Provide advice and guidance to engineers.
- Work with governmental and other agencies to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with managers of other departments and companies to coordinate marketing, research, and development projects.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.