How to become a quality controller
What does a quality controller do?
Duties and tasks
- Collect products or produce for assessment
- Examine produce and assessing its conformity to health and safety codes
- Examine products for cracks, tears, rips, or other inconsistencies
- Familiarise self with industry standards and specifications
- File reports and keeping records as needed
- Grade or ranking produce according to its quality
- Food Inspector
- Local Government Inspector
- Manufacturing Inspector
- Quality Control Officer
- Quality Coordinator
- Quality Technician
Discover engineering courses
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.