What does a hospitality manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and manage operational budget and all accounts payable and receivable, including payroll
- Hire, train and create employee work schedules as well as maintenance staff and supervise their performance
- Maintain stock or store room supplies, taking inventory and ordering supplies and services as needed
- Plan and oversee the daily running of the facility, ensuring that appropriate staff are scheduled and ensuring everything is prepared for operations
- Provide exemplary customer service to all customers and guests, getting feedback from customers and handling all complaints to guarantee customer satisfaction
- Understand applicable health and safety regulations and ensure that all employees adhere to the same standards
- Hotel or motel manager
- Market researcher
- Marketing officer
- Retail buyer
- Sales representative
- Shop manager
- Store Manager
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.