What does a hospitality manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and manage operational budget and all accounts payable and receivable, including payroll
- Hire, train and create employee work schedules as well as maintenance staff and supervise their performance
- Maintain stock or store room supplies, taking inventory and ordering supplies and services as needed
- Plan and oversee the daily running of the facility, ensuring that appropriate staff are scheduled and ensuring everything is prepared for operations
- Provide exemplary customer service to all customers and guests, getting feedback from customers and handling all complaints to guarantee customer satisfaction
- Understand applicable health and safety regulations and ensure that all employees adhere to the same standards
- Hotel or motel manager
- Market researcher
- Marketing officer
- Retail buyer
- Sales representative
- Shop manager
- Store Manager
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.