What does a hospitality manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and manage operational budget and all accounts payable and receivable, including payroll
- Hire, train and create employee work schedules as well as maintenance staff and supervise their performance
- Maintain stock or store room supplies, taking inventory and ordering supplies and services as needed
- Plan and oversee the daily running of the facility, ensuring that appropriate staff are scheduled and ensuring everything is prepared for operations
- Provide exemplary customer service to all customers and guests, getting feedback from customers and handling all complaints to guarantee customer satisfaction
- Understand applicable health and safety regulations and ensure that all employees adhere to the same standards
- Hotel or motel manager
- Market researcher
- Marketing officer
- Retail buyer
- Sales representative
- Shop manager
- Store Manager
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.