Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Professional Experience 1 (Primary)
Your upfront cost: $0
Online & on-campus
- 10 Jul 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
Explore UTAS courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
This subject is only available to those admitted into the Master of Teaching (TAS-EDC-MAS).
- Placement requirements - Throughout the placement pre-service teachers are required to maintain professional files, which contain observations, policy documents, teaching resources and personal reflections on their own experience."
The second Professional Experience (PE1) provides pre-service teachers the opportunity to become familiar with the school context. PE1 primarily involves active observation, discussions with the supervising teacher and initial school experiences.
- Direct Observations of Clinical Encounters (DOCEs) (100%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).