Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Secondary Professional Experience 2: Assessment and Reporting
Put learning theories into practice with a 3-week full-time placement in a school. Focus on developing your skills in assessing, giving feedback, reporting and encouraging learning. Communicate your newfound knowledge in written components.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- appraise literature and theory concerning effective assessment principles and practices
- examine classroom, state, national and international assessment practices
- construct a responsive assessment process which assesses, makes comparable judgements, provides feedback and reports on student learning
- demonstrate professional practices, knowledge and skills that support effective learning and teaching through the maintenance of positive learning environments that are designed to support the needs of diverse students.
- to be advised
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-EDS202-Secondary Professional Experience 1: Planning
- CUR-EDS210-Secondary Professional Experience 1: Planning
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- PlacementDetails - This subject includes a 3-week professional experience placement in a school. Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block. Please note that all relevant, valid working with children checks and clearances must be provided as requested prior to commencement of the placement.
This is the second in the suite of professional experience subjects and includes both a theory and a practical component (a placement in a school). This subject focuses on assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning. It encompasses the principles and purpose of effective assessment through the analysis and critique of different learning theories. The professional experience practical assessment is a 3 week full-time block placement intended to enable practical application of the knowledge and skills gained along with providing further insights into the complexity of the teacher’s role. All required clearances to work with children must be obtained and valid, and all other professional experience requirements met. Both theory and practical components must be passed in order to pass the subject.
To view the Professional Experience Calendar, please see below:
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assessment Task (50%)
- Presentation (50%)
- Professional Experience Placement (Pass/Fail%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.