Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- PlacementDetails - This subject includes a 3-week professional experience placement in a school. Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block. Please note that all relevant, valid working with children checks and clearances must be provided as requested prior to commencement of the placement.
This is the second in the suite of professional experience subjects and includes both a theory and a practical component (a placement in a school). This subject focuses on assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning. It encompasses the principles and purpose of effective assessment through the analysis and critique of different learning theories. The professional experience practical assessment is a 3 week full-time block placement intended to enable practical application of the knowledge and skills gained along with providing further insights into the complexity of the teacher’s role. All required clearances to work with children must be obtained and valid, and all other professional experience requirements met. Both theory and practical components must be passed in order to pass the subject.
To view the Practicum Calendar, please see below:
EDS210, EDS261 Placement Calendar 2019 (PDF, 25KB)
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assessment Task (50%)
- Presentation (50%)
- Professional Experience Placement (Pass/Fail%)
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education