Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Primary Professional Experience 3: Evaluating Learning
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Feb 2019
- 26 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- review the progression of development of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and evidence in a prepared digital professional portfolio
- appraise literature and theory concerning effective assessment principles and practices
- examine classroom, state, national and international assessment practices
- construct a responsive assessment process which assesses, makes comparable judgements, provides feedback and reports on student learning
- demonstrate professional practices, knowledge and skills that support effective learning and teaching through the maintenance of positive learning environments that are designed to support the needs, wellbeing and developing agency of diverse students
- Unit orientation; What is assessment and types of assessment in schools
- Principles and practices of effective assessment
- Learning theory perspectives on assessment
- System wide assessments
- Constructing different types of assessments
- Developing rubrics and marking guides
- Moderation and assessment integrity
- Assessment feedback
- Qualitative assessment data
- Quantitative assessment data
- Teaching Performance Assessment: Analysing teaching practice; Professional experience placement preparation
- Review and Reflection
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
EDP323 is an anti-requisite to EDP320. If you have completed EDP323 you do not need to enrol into this subject.
- PlacementDetails - This subject includes a 4-week professional experience placement in a school. Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block. Please note that all relevant, valid working with children checks and clearances must be provided as requested prior to commencement of the placement.
This is the third in the suite of professional experience subjects and includes both a theory and a practical component (a placement in a school). This subject focuses on assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning. It encompasses the principles and purpose of effective assessment through the analysis and critique of different learning theories. The professional experience practical assessment is a 4 week full-time block placement intended to enable practical application of the knowledge and skills gained along with providing further insights into the complexity of the teacher’s role. All required clearances to work with children must be obtained and valid, and all other professional experience requirements met. Both theory and practical components must be passed in order to pass the subject.
To view the Practicum Calendar, please see below:
EDP210, EDP227, EDP320 Placement Calendar 2019 (PDF, 25KB)
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional Task (50%)
- Create an Assessment Task (50%)
- Professional Experience Placement (Pass/Fail%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.