Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- National and state policy documents; legal and professional requirements
- NQS Assessment & Rating Process
- Building relationships with children, families and carers
- Interpreting and Documenting data from observations
- Creating learning environment plans
- Teaching strategies for language development
- Effective teaching and learning strategies for physical development
- Government policy related to health and safety
- Strategies for effective social and emotional development
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, Access to video creation and editing software
This subject is the first in the suite of professional experience subjects. It will critically examine the principles and practices appropriate to plan and implement appropriate learning experiences for children in Early Learning and Care settings. The subject will focus on exploring intentional teaching and child centred approaches to teaching and learning during a professional experience placement. Pre-service teachers will be introduced to the importance of developing teacher resilience. Relevant national and local policies and frameworks will be scrutinised. The overall pass requirement for the subject consists of a mark of at least 50% for the theory component and a pass for the professional experience placement.
To view the Professional Experience Calendar, please see below:
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Journal (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Prof Placement - Pass/Fail (0%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (50%)