- Introducing educational psychology and reflective practice
- Physical development and learning 1
- Physical development and learning 2
- Behaviourist theories of development and learning
- Cognitive development and learning
- Cognitivist/Constructivist theories of development and learning
- Socio-emotional development and learning
- Moral development and learning
- Humanist theories of development and learning
- Systems theory
- Holistic perspectives 1
- Holistic perspectives 2
- Reflection and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
Drawing on rigorous theory and research, this subject provides an overview of typical and atypical development from birth to adolescence across the physical, cognitive, social and emotional domains. A broad range of influences on development and learning will be examined. This subject will include major theoretical perspectives on learning, such as behaviourism, humanism, cognitivism and constructivism. It will also focus on learning and teaching strategies that support the full participation of all students in order to maximise development and learning outcomes.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Report (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.