- Preservation and conservation
- Digital preservation
- Designing a preservation program
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Exercises (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Presentation (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- CUR-INFM570-Archives Concepts and Practice
- CUR-INFM210-Collection Management
- CUR-LIM215-Archives Concepts and Practice
No special requirements
Explores the strategies and practices that information professionals use to cope with the problem of deteriorating materials. These range from practical low-cost actions that may be implemented by information professionals in every kind of working environment, to strategies that can only be administered at a national, sometimes even international, level.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.