- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to the following areas of collection management: Collection development: written collection development policies, collection measurement and evaluation, cooperative collecting, selection procedure, selection aids, document delivery, electronic periodicals, aggregation, licensing, consortia, open access archives, collection storage, weeding, preservation and conservation, and censorship.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Essay (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Assessment — Investigation (30%)