Architectural Thesis Project
Extend your independent research skills as you dig deep into an architectural project area.Spend time in the field carrying out your own research, then call on your combined oral, written and visual communication skills to present your findings.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 May 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse evaluate and synthesise information pertinent to the development of the focus area
- reflect upon and refine prior knowledge and skills and integrate into the development and realisation of the final thesis, while considering international and cultural perspectives
- create knowledge, new ideas and propositions through research that demonstrates the relationship between theory and practice in the architectural discipline
- create knowledge new ideas and propositions through research that demonstrates the relationship between theory and practice in the architectural discipline.
- This is an individual research subject without set weekly topics.
- You are required to communicate with your supervisor weekly and work towards your final submission.
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-MAA502-Architectural Thesis Preparation
CUR-MAA407-Urban Design Research Studio
CUR-MAA409-Complex Buildings Research Studio
CUR-MAA507-Integrated Buildings Research Methods
CUR-MAA411-Complex Buildings Research Methods
CUR-MAA506-Integrated Buildings Research Studio
CUR-MAA408-Urban Design Research Methods
CUR-MAA401-Architecture and Culture Research Topics and Methods
CUR-MAA402-Architectural Systems and Research Methods
NOTE: This subject should be the final subject you undertake before completing your Master of Architecture.
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Students will develop and execute an architectural research project, as defined by the student in Architectural Thesis Preparation, through which they will demonstrate independent research skills. There might be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Presentation and Document Submission (100%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.