Architectural Thesis Project
Extend your independent research skills as you dig deep into an architectural project area.Spend time in the field carrying out your own research, then call on your combined oral, written and visual communication skills to present your findings.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse evaluate and synthesise information pertinent to the development of the focus area
- reflect upon and refine prior knowledge and skills and integrate into the development and realisation of the final thesis, while considering international and cultural perspectives
- create knowledge, new ideas and propositions through research that demonstrates the relationship between theory and practice in the architectural discipline
- create knowledge new ideas and propositions through research that demonstrates the relationship between theory and practice in the architectural discipline.
- This is an individual research subject without set weekly topics.
- You are required to communicate with your supervisor weekly and work towards your final submission.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- CUR-MAA408-Urban Design Research Methods (No longer available)
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-MAA502-Architectural Thesis Preparation (No longer available)
- CUR-MAA407-Urban Design Research Studio (No longer available)
- CUR-MAA409-Complex Buildings Research Studio (No longer available)
- CUR-MAA507-Integrated Buildings Research Methods (No longer available)
- CUR-MAA411-Complex Buildings Research Methods (No longer available)
- CUR-MAA506-Integrated Buildings Research Studio (No longer available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
NOTE: This subject should be the final subject you undertake before completing your Master of Architecture.
- Other requirements -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Students will develop and execute an architectural research project, as defined by the student in Architectural Thesis Preparation, through which they will demonstrate independent research skills. There might be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Presentation and Document Submission (100%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).