- This is an individual research subject without set weekly topics.
- You are required to communicate with your supervisor weekly and work towards your final submission.
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Assignment 1 - Presentation of final thesis (100%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- CUR-MAA502-Architectural Thesis Preparation
- CUR-MAA407-Urban Design Research Studio (previously MAA403)
- CUR-MAA409-Complex Buildings Research Studio (previously MAA406)
- CUR-MAA507-Integrated Buildings Research Methods
- CUR-MAA411-Complex Buildings Research Methods
- CUR-MAA506-Integrated Buildings Research Studio (previously MAA503)
- CUR-MAA408-Urban Design Research Methods
No special requirements
Students will choose a research project, which has been defined by the student as part of Architectural Thesis Methods and Preparation, where students will continue to develop and demonstrate independent research skills. There will be a fieldwork component, the nature of which is dependent upon the focus of the research.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.