Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences, students should be able to:
• apply a broad and coherent body of theoretical and practical knowledge in the biomedical sciences with in depth knowledge in one or more specialist disciplines
• collect, organise, analyse and interpret biomedical sciences literature and laboratory data using appropriate experimental, computational, statistical and technological approaches
• exhibit scientific literacy and oral, written and digital communication skills to explain biomedical sciences concepts to a range of audiences
• apply practical laboratory and technical skills to generate accurate scientific data
• work independently or collaboratively in teams to critically and creatively analyse issues and develop appropriate solutions to complex problems across a range of cultural, institutional, national and global contexts
• demonstrate a working knowledge of ethical, professional and workplace health and safety requirements in research and clinical laboratories.
Be prepared for a career in medical research and development in either the public or private sector in universities, research institutes, pharmaceutical and diagnostic laboratories, sales and consulting.
You will be eligible to apply for membership to professional organisations including the Australian Society for Microbiology, Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Australian Society for Medical Research.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Discover the wonder of the human body and unlock countless career paths, which can be studied using a combination of online, external and on campus study modes to suit your lifestyle and career goals. This degree is a perfect stepping stone for students wanting to undertake the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT); it also provides the knowledge and skills to enter professional courses such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physiotherapy and veterinary science, or for further study in research higher degrees such as Honours, PhD and Masters programs.