Master of Sports Coaching (1.5 years)
Join the longest running online sports coaching program in Australia
Upgrade your qualification to an internationally recognised masters. You'll develop your coaching practice through practical learning tailored to your own circumstances. Designed by elite coaches and delivered by expert academics.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
- Join the longest running online sports coaching program in Australia, educating coaches worldwide for 20 years.
- Enjoy the convenience of flexible, online study and benefit from work-based learning and online collaboration with your peers, program staff and coaches.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification through a program designed by elite coaches, expert academics, and world-leading researchers.
- Develop your coaching practice through practical, work-based learning approaches that can be tailored to your individual circumstances.
- Coach educator
- Coaching director
- Head coach
- Assistant coach
- High performance coach
- Performance director
- Sports development manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a graduate certificate in sports coaching from this university; or
- an approved degree in the same discipline.
Same discipline is a bachelor's degree such as sports science or health and physical education.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
There is high demand for innovative and well-informed sports coaches, with widely recognised qualifications, in all sectors of domestic and international sport.
Elite coaches, expert academics, and world-leading researchers have combined their knowledge and skills in forging this unique and enduring program that offers the latest and most innovative theory and practice. This program provides practicing coaches with the opportunity to enhance and develop quality in their professional practice and prepare them for the world of high performance coaching.