Master of Information Technology (Advanced)
An IT masters that unlocks multiple career paths
Explore Industry 4.0 technologies in this hands-on course. You’ll investigate security issues in an enterprise networking context. By getting confident with risk, and being across emerging tech, you’ll future-proof your career.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Apply cognitive and technical skills innovatively and ethically to research, critique, examine and solve complex real-life problems.
- Critically analyse problems and communicate solutions to a diverse range of audiences.
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to effectively and efficiently investigate and solve problems.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, non-partisanship and accountability in leadership roles for effective planning, management, execution and communication of IT projects. Integrate IT concepts and industry best practices to solve commercial problems.
- Manage complicated projects involving industry standard tools and techniques.
- Use knowledge of IT principles and techniques to appraise and recommend contemporary industry developments and emerging technologies.
IT is the foundation of any business and a qualification dedicated to increased Industry 4.0 technology capability will open you up to a broad range of opportunities. The flexible structure of this on-campus or online Master of Information Technology lets you focus on your specific areas of interest and expertise, allowing you to align your studies with your professional goals to elevate and advance your career in IT across a variety of industries. Potential career paths include:
- Business Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Data Warehouse Architect
- Helpdesk Manager
- IT Technical Writer
- Project Manager
- Research & Development
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Australian bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology or relevant disciplines covering studies in programming, computer networks, database and web development
Work and Life
- Work and life experience that demonstrates skills and knowledge gained through paid or unpaid employment, formal learning and/or non-formal learning (presented on a current resume with attached cover letter).
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Structured to align with the guidelines of the Australian Computer Society (ACS), this course focuses on developing advanced information technology skills preparing ICT professionals to better exploit Industry 4.0 technologies. Your studies will review current information technologies and system trends, investigate security issues in an enterprise networking context, explore new application and database development approaches, and understand emerging technologies. You’ll also learn how to deal with risk, interdependent integrations, software updates and software development management.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, 4 years part time, accelerated study available
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises of 10 Information Technology (IT) core subjects and 3 elective subjects over levels 400, 500 and 600, as follows:
- Level 400: 4 IT core subjects
- Level 500: 4 IT core subjects and 2 electives
- Level 600: 2 IT core subjects and 1 elective